Fact Sheet about Kiwanis
- Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to changing the world one child and one community at a time. ~ Kiwanis defining statement, adopted October 2004.
- Kiwanis is an American Indian word for self-expression. The Kiwanis Motto is “We Build.” The Kiwanis Mission is “Serving the Children of the World.”
- Kiwanis is not a social club (although friendships and fellowship are created through Kiwanis). Kiwanis is not affiliated with any religious or political organization, and it is not a secret society.
Our six permanent objectives
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business and professional standards.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and goodwill